The Archway Publishing team has the experience and capabilities to turn your manuscript into a book you can be proud of. And we’ll be with you every step of the way.
Ready your manuscript for success by following these 10 steps:
1. Target your audience. Imagine who your ideal readers are and how you might be able to reach them with your writing.
2. Set a deadline. Circle a date on the calendar and imagine having your book in your hands by then. You could even make it the day of your book launch party or a special family holiday.
3. Read your work aloud. Read back to yourself as you write. Hearing your words makes it easier to catch mistakes or write believable dialogue.
4. Stay passionate. As Robert Frost said, “No tears in the writer, no tears in the reader. No surprise in the writer, no surprise in the reader.”
5. Identify your writing style. Do you use dark humor? Is your nonfiction writing to-the-point or flowery? Learn and sharpen your voice as you write.
6. Consider your back cover. While your manuscript is still churning in front of you, outline your plans for the text that will be on the book’s back cover. This marketing blurb could entice readers to crack it open and make the purchase.
7. Decide on a dedication. Is there someone special who deserves recognition?
8. Finalize a title. Make it catchy, reasonably short and appealing to your target reader.
9. Proofread. Find and correct errors and inconsistencies. Ask a trusted editor to double-check.
10. Submit and celebrate. Once you press the send button, your book is in our expert hands.
Take our advice as you prepare your manuscript for submission. Then take advantage of these special savings on select expertly crafted publishing packages.
Save 10% on these select packages*
Call a Publishing Consultant at 1-888-242-5904 today to get started and save.
* Offer expires May 31, 2013, and is not valid in combination with any other promotions; only valid on packages as listed.