Even if you only taught middle school students on a trial basis in college, you already know: It’s not an easy job.
Lois Rinaldi, a longtime middle school teacher, gives you the competitive edge you need to succeed beginning with your first year in this playbook that provides guidance when communicating with students, parents, and administrators.
She shares a step-by-step approach to:
• prepare classrooms for maximum learning;
• conduct parent conferences with confidence;
• address technological issues with awareness and understanding;
• manage student behavior effectively; and
• employ useful strategies for career advancement.
The playbook covers all the major events of the school year, from preparing for the school year, to the first day of school, to meeting parents, and graduation. You’ll also learn how to deal with sensitive issues such as cellphone use, bullying, and cheating.
To succeed as a teacher, you need firsthand information about avoiding the pitfalls that trip up new teachers. Navigate the school year and your career with intelligence and confidence with The Playbook for Middle School Teachers.