Salisa R. Roberts is forty-six years old and in the best shape of her life—in both mind and body. She credits yoga for her success.
The successful senior level financial services leader expected yoga would help her relax, but she was surprised how much she applied the lessons she learned in the yoga room in the boardroom and workplace.
With her two worlds colliding, an idea struck her: She would write down the lessons she learned in yoga that helped her succeed in business. In sharing her personal journey, she reveals:
- how to use intentional pauses to our advantage;
- why you need to be the best version of yourself before effectively leading others;
- embracing your authentic self can drive success and happiness, in both your personal and professional lives;
- why you need to do what needs to be done—not just what feels good;
- how being present, with the intent to succeed helps you come into your true power.
Roberts, who has been practicing yoga for sixteen years, also looks back on her challenges managing depression and navigating change. Embracing the principles of yoga help her be the best version of herself she can be so she can effectively lead herself and others.