“When I was the Director of Central
Intelligence, I relied on Mike and his
colleagues to keep me and my family
safe around the world.”
– George Tenet
Central Intelligence Agency
Close personal protection can often mean the difference between life and death. But for too many protectees or practitioners, understanding the world of executive protection (EP) can be an intimidating and unfamiliar prospect.
The Protected is an inside view of personal security, intelligence and executive protection written by someone who has lived it for more than 30 years. In this book, former CIA Special Agent and security specialist Michael Trott demonstrates how much EP depends on training, experience, proper intelligence, lessons learned, one’s ability to operate both alone and in a team, and – perhaps most importantly – adopting the proper mindset.
Aimed at protectees, practitioners and all those with an interest in EP, The Protected contains valuable insight on:
• Determining your personal risk profile
(i.e., your why)
• How the global risk environment affects your personal security
• Establishing a durable and effective protection program
• The subtle nuances of providing successful close protection
• Important EP methodologies, philosophies, complexities and mindsets
• The people who protect others and their unique perspectives