Leadership is time-consuming, and it requires a strategic plan for leaders to be successful. In A Leadership Strategy, author Dr. Sharon E. Downey offers a guide for emerging leaders and those in a leadership role.
It provides leadership direction in nine different sequential building blocks:
• position vs. process—both stances of position and stances of process;
• leadership mindset as part of developing a leadership stance;
• leadership development and practices that can support leadership styles, such as mentoring, coaching, and consulting;
• leadership effectiveness and practices that can develop and improve the overall effectiveness of leaders;
• measuring leadership effectiveness and efficiency, such as leadership index, 360 feedback, and instrument tools;
• challenges in leadership, along with solutions for overcoming challenges;
• diversity in leadership, providing insight on how to have openness to others’ opinions and values;
• faith in leadership and servant leadership; and
• pearls of leadership and the rewards and benefits of good leadership, making a difference and changing lives within organizations.
Based on Downey’s professional experience, A Leadership Strategy advocates leadership philosophy and its real-world usage within organizations.